Facilities & Services
Belmont Lodge provide 24-hour residential care, delivered by highly trained carers and our visiting therapies team. Where possible, clients have the choice of gender for their care. Our staff are carefully screened with extensive referencing and police criminal record checks and receive professional training. We believe highly trained and well managed staff are the secret to providing quality and safe care.
The best carers providing the best care.
- 24-hour carer & medical cover
- call system
- help getting in & out of bed, bathing and dressing
- full assistance with all activities of daily living
- promotion of independence
- full lifestyle programme based on ‘individual and person-centred care’
- help with bathroom needs & continence management
- skin integrity care
- incontinence management
- communication support
Our facilities include:
- a beauty salon & barber
- an extensive library of books and DVD’s
- internet facilities to stay in touch with friends and family online
- computer games for fun and mind stimulation
- bright and airy bedrooms with specialised bathing facilities
- lounges & dining room with garden views
- wide screen TV
- quiet reading rooms
- a secure patio garden
- smoke detectors / sprinklers
Care services include:
Some of the conditions that we treat with our specialist staff and facilities:
- adults / elderly / physical disability
- 24-hour delivery of care for 65
- years plus
- Dementia care
- GP (general practitioner)
- crisis intervention / emergency
- admission / postoperative care
- end of life / continuing care
- non planned assessments
- nutritional meals
- a dentist, optician, occupational
- therapist, physiotherapist and
- chiropodists visit Belmont Lodge
An individual lifestyle is essential, no matter how old or how dependent we are, so our staff ensure lifestyle choices are maintained. Our clients enjoy visiting local shops, an evening at the cinema, a quiz afternoon, or simply watching television in the privacy of their bedroom. It’s vital our clients keep active mentally and physically to make the most of every day. At Belmont Lodge clients are spoilt for choice with art workshops, flower arranging, handicrafts, games & quizzes, parties, shopping, visiting speakers, live performances, musical evenings, gardening, computer games & internet, clients’ association as well as religious observance services.
In the summer we have garden tea parties and barbecues and meals can be taken on the terrace. Making new friends is easy at Belmont Lodge and everyone has the opportunity to join in.
At Belmont Lodge, you’re never alone.
- art workshops
- flower arranging
- games & quizzes
- visiting speakers
- live performances
- musical evenings
- computer games & internet
- keep fit
Food & Drink
At Belmont Lodge we place a very high importance on food and spend a great deal of time considering menus, environment and nutrition. Meals are created by our in-house team and fresh local produce is used, with clients often involved in developing menus. Our catering team provide meals which are varied, tasty and well presented. All food is evaluated by a nutritionist to ensure our clients have a balanced diet. Tea, coffee, cold drinks, biscuits and sandwiches are available at any time, day or night. Meals are served in our dining room, but room service is always available. We can arrange special meals such as diabetic, low fat, vegetarian, Kosher, Halal etc. We can also provide a snack box to clients who might miss a meal due to a hospital visit.
It’s the attention to detail that really counts.
A Typical Menu
Choice of fresh juices, cereals, eggs (any style), hot & cold milk etc, bread basket, toast, tea or coffee.
Choice of tea, coffee, biscuits & homemade cakes.
Main: Steak and Kidney Pie with potatoes and vegetables, or haddock with potatoes, green beans & baton carrots.
Desert: Jam sponge pudding, or fruit salad.
Choice of teas (English breakfast, mint, green) or coffee with homemade cakes and biscuits.
Starter: Homemade soup of the day, or Florida cocktail.
Main: Jacket potatoes with tuna or cheese, or selection of sandwiches.
Season salads available.
Desert: Ice Cream, poached pears in wine sauce, fruit & yogurts.
Ask for a copy of last week’s menu when you visit.