Your day at St.Catherines:
Your day begins with breakfast of your choice in bed served between 8am to 9.30am
After breakfast Residents are assisted by our Nursing & Care staff to get up, shower, shave, dress etc.
Each Sunday morning Residents can attend Mass in the Church next door.
Each Tuesday Morning our Hairdresser is in attendance
Morning Coffee is served at 11am-11.30am
Newspapers are provided daily. We also provide local newspaper on tape for those whose sight does not allow them too read.
Residents may wish to go to our sitting rooms & chat or listen to the Radio mid-morning
A four Course lunch is served at 12.45pm in the Dining Rooms or Residents own room if they prefer. Assistance is given to our Residents who require it at meal times.
"Our chefs provide home cooked meals, home made soda & brown bread, traditional puddings, home baked scones, home-baked cakes & confectionary. We provide a birthday cake & small celebration for birthdays or other occasions.
We cater for those with eating or swallowing difficulties and provide a variety of suitable meals for special diets."
After lunch Residents can relax, have visitors (Visiting is open apart from meals times) or take part in our programme of activities.
Afternoon tea is served at 3pm. Supper is served at 5pm followed by Holy rosary each evening at 6.30pm.
Evening is spent relaxing, having visits, watching TV.
Nightcap drinks and snacks are served at 7.30pm & bedtime is as preferred by the Resident.
Services provided for all our residents:
- 24-hour care in private or semi private rooms some en-suite.
- We provide Sonas & reminiscence therapy to our clients who suffer from memory loss.
- We have a full weekly programme of activities including Music & Story telling, Bingo and Craft classes.
- Newspapers are provided daily
- We have a beautifully landscaped garden.
- Our clients have choice of Doctor.
- Our Physiotherapist, Chiropodist, Dentist & Optician are available on request.
- We provide hairdressing services.
- Spiritual needs of all denominations are catered for.
- Situated next-door to the Catholic Church our residents are escorted to mass each Sunday and Holy Day & for those who cannot attend, a mass is said each week within the Home. Our Communicants also allow our residents to receive the holy sacrament.
- The Church of Ireland church is situated 200 metres in the centre of the village & the local minister visits on a regular basis.